Fabric Inventory and Logistics Lead
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Design Foundry is seeking an experienced Fabric Inventory Lead to join our growing community. The main priority of this role will be to develop the overall fabric process for receiving, picking and inventory management. The Lead will help establish the best methods for service to the cutting department, establish pick locations, and develop standard operating procedures. We are looking for a team player who takes strong initiative and is eager to learn new things. The ideal candidate for this role will be energetic, extremely detail-oriented, have excellent follow up skills, tech savvy, and thrive in a new environment where they will use their strong problem-solving skills to identify new opportunities helping us enhance the lives of our customers and community.
- Daily follow up with purchasing department to manage incoming fabric
- Lead the receiving of all incoming shipments
- Maintain consistent communication with the production office to include order entry and scheduling
- Oversee process for receiving and unloading fabric rolls, verifying delivery paperwork, staging and storage of fabric
- Enhance check-in process, organize and maintain fabric inventory
- Pull cut tickets and fill fabric requests
- Monthly and quarterly raw material inventory
- Inspect the fabric for flaws and check all fabric markings, as well as confirm packing list against the delivery
- Create and maintain log of incoming fabric to plan for department and service to cutting department
- 3-5 years’ experience leading a department in a manufacturing setting, preferably hands-on experience in an upholstery fabric department
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Previous experience with manufacturing production system
- Strong math skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, motivated, a fast learner, a team player
- Ability to lift and move fabric rolls 10-75 lbs. as needed with or without accommodation
- Previous experience working independently with minimal oversight
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proactive, intuitive, and resourceful
- Outstanding time-management abilities
- Willingness to be trained/certified to operate a forklift
As part of the Design Foundry team, all associates should have a willing attitude to assist in other areas as needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The facility is temperature controlled, organized and clean.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this role successfully requires the ability to stand consistently for an 8-hour shift, sitting is occasional. To receive and maneuver fabric rolls, the Lead will need the use of arms, hands, fingers and elbows and have the ability to twist at the waist frequently turning and reaching. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Extensive walking is required when receiving, picking and inventorying fabric rolls. Constantly manipulate fabric rolls while using arms, hands, and legs; from a standing position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to identify potential fabric flaws.
Design Foundry Fabric Inventory and Logistics Lead
DESIGN FOUNDRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DESIGN FOUNDRY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN THE EMPLOYMENT ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, ANCESTRY, AGE, SEX (INCLUDING SEXUAL HARRASMENT), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS OR UNFAVORABLE DISCHARGE FROM MILITARY SERVICE.