Quality Tech (Sewing Inspector)
While working as part of a well-knit team, the Quality Tech will inspect sewn covers that are in process and finished for any error as well as inspecting for established quality standards at each step in the process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Inspects fabric, turning it over to look at entire piece for defects in sewing, paying close attention to detail.
- Ensures there are no defects such as faulty seaming, misaligned zippers and variations in color of fabric.
- Examines fabric for mis-picks, runs, dropped stitches, holes or stains.
- Marks defects using appropriate indicator (pencil or tape)
- Clip strings from fabric using snips or scissors ensuring a neat overall product.
- Communicate with sewing techs and lead to correct any issues.
- Document all sewn parts are completed before moving on to next operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates should have a minimum 1-year continuous work experience.
- Must be self-directed and be able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to understand and work from written instructions and design specifications.
- Attention to detail and organization will help the candidate be successful in the role.
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- The ability to work harmoniously with a team to complete work tasks in a timely manner.
- Will train if necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to a moving mechanical conveyor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The facility is temperature controlled, organized and clean.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this role successfully requires the ability to stand consistently for an 8-hour shift. To inspect the sewn covers, the quality tech will need the use of arms, hands, fingers and have the ability to twist at the waist frequently turning and reaching. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of unfinished/finished fabric and materials. Minimal walking required when obtaining fabric from conveyor to be inspected and after inspected delivered to next operation. Bend slightly from the waist while inspecting at table. Constantly push/pull fabric while reaching across table while inspecting using arms and hands; from a standing position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to ensure the correct product is being produced for our customers.
Design Foundry Quality Tech (Sewing Inspector)
DESIGN FOUNDRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DESIGN FOUNDRY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN THE EMPLOYMENT ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, ANCESTRY, AGE, SEX (INCLUDING SEXUAL HARRASMENT), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS OR UNFAVORABLE DISCHARGE FROM MILITARY SERVICE.