Sewing Tech – Double Needle
While working as part of a well-knit team, and a primary focus on quality, the Sewing Tech will get to operate an industrial sewing machine with to perform the sewing task of Double Needle/Top Stitch. Double Needle is an important step in the sewing process and completes a preferred look on specific pieces in our line.
- Use double-needle or post- industrial sewing machine to tend material for upholstered furniture.
- Reads order tickets and sewing notes.
- Recognizes the segment of the materials that is to be sewn.
- Guides parts under needle, using fingers and hands, and following edges, seams, guides on machines manual or automated.
- Places spools of thread on spindle and draws thread through machine guides, tensions and eye of needle.
- Observes or feels stitching to detect defects and notifies supervisor of repair needs when defects are caused by machine malfunction.
- Carefully match, measuring, and considerable dexterity to maintain quality, exact dimensioning, and alignment on stripes and centered patterns.
- Adjusts the sewing machine controls to regulate stitching speed and length, dimensions of gathers and tucks, and material or thread tension.
- Puts various components together and sews to make a part(s) for a finished product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have a minimum 3 years’ experience as an upholstery sewer in an upholstery production environment.
- Must have at least 1-year experience in double needle/top stitch.
- Must be self-directed and be able to work on their own.
- Ability to understand and work from written instructions and design specifications.
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- The ability to work harmoniously with a team to complete projects in a timely manner.
As part of the Design Foundry team, all associates should have a willing attitude to assist in other areas as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this role successfully requires the ability to sit or stand consistently for at least an 8-hour shift. To tend to the sewing machine, the sewing tech will need the use of arms, hands, fingers and have the ability to twist at the waist frequently turning and reaching. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds of unfinished/finished fabric and materials. Minimal walking required when moving carts to obtain fabric to be sewn. Bend slightly from the waist to move material through sewing machine. Constantly push/pull fabric through sewing machine and off machine into buggies or onto conveyor using arms and hands; from a seated position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to ensure the correct product is being produced for our customers.
Design Foundry Sewing Tech – Double Needle
DESIGN FOUNDRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DESIGN FOUNDRY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN THE EMPLOYMENT ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, ANCESTRY, AGE, SEX (INCLUDING SEXUAL HARRASMENT), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS OR UNFAVORABLE DISCHARGE FROM MILITARY SERVICE.