Staff Accountant/Purchasing Assistant
The Staff Accountant/Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the daily accounting and purchasing duties. The successful candidate will be able to handle tasks with minimal supervision after the training period.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, processing payroll, meeting deadlines, daily workflow, and ensuring proper reflection of payroll activities into the G/L. Duties may include reviewing of payroll batches, balancing earnings and deduction totals, calculating and preparing general ledger entries, reviewing automated system output such as registers and standard reports, researching and correcting out-of-balance transactions, and gathering payroll data for inclusion in financial statements. Additionally, this person will work with Purchasing to enter receipts, orders, etc. in order to back up the Purchasing manager when out of the office.
- Maintains knowledge of General Acceptable Accounting Practices
- Accounts Payable - Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, maintains W-9 info, and maintains 1099 information. Completes payments of invoices associated with AP.
- Provides controller with assistance in gathering necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Performs invoicing of shipments.
- Posts payments of accounts receivable.
- Works to collect any outstanding receivables and sends statements.
- Assist in the process of paying associates every bi-weekly pay cycle to include general ledger journal entries, reviewing detail work prior to posting and paying
- Prepare various reports as needed through review and compilation of payroll data
- Work with HR to resolve pay discrepancies for associates
- Enter purchase orders and receive items into inventory
- Track open orders
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Associates Degree with 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Inventory flow knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of supply chain procedures preferred
- Knowledge of purchasing in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong background in furniture manufacturing a plus
- Costing experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong written and oral communication
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Experience with Paychex payroll system and DJM manufacturing software preferred
Other duties as required.
This position will be located in the main office.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Design Foundry Staff Accountant/Purchasing Assistant
DESIGN FOUNDRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DESIGN FOUNDRY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN THE EMPLOYMENT ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, ANCESTRY, AGE, SEX (INCLUDING SEXUAL HARRASMENT), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS OR UNFAVORABLE DISCHARGE FROM MILITARY SERVICE.