We are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance Team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for payroll processing, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintain department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also assist in collecting pertinent information for external audits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, processing payroll, meeting deadlines, daily workflow, and ensuring proper reflection of payroll activities into the G/L. Duties may include reviewing of payroll batches, balancing earnings and deduction totals, calculating and preparing general ledger entries, reviewing automated system output such as registers and standard reports, researching and correcting out-of-balance transactions, and gathering payroll data for inclusion in financial statements. Additionally, this position will research and prepare special reports for management and assist the processing of in-house garnishments.
- Assist in the process of paying associates every bi-weekly pay cycle to include General Ledger Journal Entries, reviewing detail work prior to posting and paying
- Prepare various reports as needed through review and compilation of payroll data
- Review the reconciliation of PTO balances and work with HR for any corrections that may be needed in the payroll module
- Work with HR to resolve pay discrepancies for associates
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of vendor invoice creation and entry.
- Support accounts receivable activities
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Assist in preparation of departmental budgets
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Associates Degree with 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Strong background in furniture manufacturing a plus
- Budgeting and Costing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong written and oral communication
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Experience with Paychex payroll system and DJM manufacturing software a plus
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional, yet casual office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Occasional visits to the manufacturing floor are typical.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Design Foundry Staff Accountant
DESIGN FOUNDRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DESIGN FOUNDRY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN THE EMPLOYMENT ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, ANCESTRY, AGE, SEX (INCLUDING SEXUAL HARRASMENT), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS OR UNFAVORABLE DISCHARGE FROM MILITARY SERVICE.