Upholstery Tech (Inside)
Keeping quality in mind, the Upholstery Tech is primarily responsible for preparing, padding, and covering frames.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Inside Upholstery
- Ability to read production tickets and any special instructions
- Utilize tools such as staple gun, scissors, regulator, button needle, staple puller, pliers, tape measure etc.
- Apply the right amount of cotton and rubber in the seat, inside back, and arms and then apply fabric over the cotton and rubber to complete the inside of an upholstered piece of furniture
- Fabric must be upholstered smooth and fit the frame properly
- Build pieces on time according to production schedule
- Keep work area clean and clear
- Scan the piece out once it is completed and move to trim
- 3-5 years’ experience in upholstering quality pieces while meeting deadlines.
- Work with a variety of materials is essential.
- Push frames and upholstered piece weighing up to 100 lbs. across floor.
- Execute with extreme accuracy and efficiency.
- Follow and support the quality expectations.
- Stand, bend and stretch for periods of time.
- Work in a team environment towards a common goal effectively taking direction.
- Prioritize and handle multiple work tasks.
- Must be self-directed and be able to work on their own.
- Other duties as assigned.
As part of the Design Foundry team, all associates should have a willing attitude to assist in other areas as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to pneumatic tools. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The facility is temperature controlled, organized and clean.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this role successfully requires the ability to stand consistently for an 8-hour shift. Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating things. Perform physical activity that requires considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position. The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. Must be able to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp and manipulate fabric. Match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness. Bend at waist and push furniture weighing up to 100 lbs. across the floor.
Design Foundry Upholstery Tech (Inside)
DESIGN FOUNDRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DESIGN FOUNDRY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN THE EMPLOYMENT ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, ANCESTRY, AGE, SEX (INCLUDING SEXUAL HARRASMENT), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS OR UNFAVORABLE DISCHARGE FROM MILITARY SERVICE.